Wash cloths

Now that I have found a beauty routine that seems to work well for my skin I need more wash cloths. I had been using wipes but my as my new routine doesn't use them but does need me to wash my face twice a day I need a collection of clean cloths. 


So I bought four remnant balls in cute colours and made these.





They are a 10 cm square of single crochet boarded with an edge of double crochet. The border is to give me a way to hang the cloths on hooks as well as give the cloth a nice neat finish.



I used double knit yarns and a 4.5mm hook. Here is a write up of the pattern. 

Chain 20, Single crochet in second chain from hook and single crochet all the way to the other end.

Chain 1, turn and single crochet back to the other side, remember to keep it square, i.e. single crochet in second stitch at the beginning, chain counting as one stitch, and single crochet into the chain at the the end. 

Repeat last step until piece is square, I use my tape measure to check.

When you get it square chain 3 and double crochet down the side.



Picture shows my chain 3 on the green hook I'm working with while the purple hook shows where I will put my first double crochet as I work down the side.

When you get to the corner work the following into the corner/last stitch. Double crochet, chain, double crochet, chain, double crochet. See picture.



Repeat last two steps till you get to the end of the last edge. For this corner we have the last double crochet of the corner in the form of our chain 3 we started with. So into the last stitch, double crochet, chain, double crochet, and chain. 



To finish slip stitch into the top of the chain 3 and finish off. Sew/weave in the ends and you are done.

Comments

Popular Posts